Bromsgrove Learning Network
At Meadows First School we are always trying to improve our provision and practice in order to provide the best education possible for our pupils.
We have developed strong networks and we are proactive in supporting other schools to develop their provision and their outcomes. Over the last 3 years we have worked very closely with other local first schools, conducting moderstion activities, school reviews and leading joint CPD.
As a Bromsgrove and wider district school, we have worked to develop the educational experiences and outcomes for the children in our school by working collaboratively with other local schools for a number of years. This has enabled us to develop strong links to support transition between schools and an equal experience for our children. As the educational landscape changes nationally, with a focus on schools working more formally together alongside a reduced service from Local Authorities/ County Councils, we have formalised our collaborative work within the Bromsgrove District to create closer links and working relationships between our schools. Each of the twenty-one Bromsgrove District schools works within a small group of schools and is also as part of the wider Bromsgrove Learning Network. Our vision is outlined below.
Bromsgrove Learning Network- Our Vision
To work collaboratively, in the supportive and challenging capacity of school improvement, to ensure that all schools in the network are provided with systems and support that enable them to maintain strong provision and outcomes.
As part of our development as a school we are pleased to be a member of this collaboration. The mantra of this partnership is quality school to school support across schools. As a team of leaders, middle leaders, teachers, administrators, learning assistants and governors, we are all striving to provide the best possible learning opportunities and outcomes for the children in our care.The children gain from the shared expertise of staff across the network and wider opportunities within the network for collaborative experiences.By supporting each other across Bromsgrove we are able to ensure that our staff are up to date in terms of knowledge and understanding, as well as pedagogy and practice and pupils receive the best education possible. As a group of school leaders we feel strongly that together we will ensure that Bromsgrove remains an excellent place for children to learn.
We also work alongside other schools in varying ways;
- Since achieving outstanding in Ofsted 2019, we have supported schools on their journey to outstanding.
- The school had developed its own assessment system and we have adapted it to track children’s progress. This was shared with local schools and is now being used in other schools across Worcestershire. We have achieved ‘Sharing Effective Practice’ Award for assessment for WCC.
- The Deputy Head and EYFS leader has achieved Specialist Leader in Education status for Early Years, and has set up regular moderation and sharing effective practice events in school.
- We have been an Ambassador School for Eco Schools and we are a mentor school for sustainability
- Our maths coordinator is a lead teacher for the NCTEM.
- The Head teacher is on the Teaching School Alliance Steering Group, and develops professional development opportunities for schools/teachers in the area alongside Chadsgrove Teaching School.
We are always happy to share (and ‘steal’) ideas, resources and thinking.
We know that “giving away our best ideas” helps ensure we invent new ones! We all learn from each other.
To arrange a visit or discussion, please contact us.