It is with great pleasure that I welcome you on behalf of the children, staff and governors to our school website. I am Sue Hewitt, Head Teacher of Meadows First School and I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to our outstanding and welcoming school. We have worked hard to be outstanding in all areas (Ofsted 2019). The school forms an important part of the local community and we work hard to create and maintain these positive links. Our aim is to work in partnership with parents and the community to provide a high quality education for all of our pupils. At Meadows, we aim high and value excellence; we have high expectations of everyone in our school. We are proud of our outstanding reputation for achieving high academic standards, for our caring and inclusive ethos, for our excellent manners and for our high standards of behaviour. It is important to us that our children develop and show respect for others and for their environment. We are very proud of our children; they always give of their best because they know that we value each one of them individually.
Learning is at the heart of everything we do; we aim to equip our children with the skills needed to make a positive contribution to our ever changing world. We offer a broad spectrum of learning opportunities, which will support their development into confident, independent, thoughtful and resilient young people.
Communication is key to the success of these partnerships; we have an open door policy and work hard to keep parents informed of life in school. Our talented and hard-working staff are committed to helping the children feel safe and happy in a stimulating environment, ensuring that they enjoy their learning and achieve their best. We work hard to ensure our pupils can flourish academically, socially, emotionally, physically and creatively. Our work is supported by an effective and dedicated Governing Body.
We are a member of a group of schools in Bromsgrove (The Bromsgrove Learning Network) who collaborate to ensure that we are providing the best outcomes for our pupils.
We believe school should:
* be a place which every child remembers with affection
* be a happy, stimulating and safe learning environment for everyone
* develop a growth mind-set and a 'can do' attitude
* inspire and empower everyone to be the best that they can be
* recognise and support children's needs so that they can thrive emotionally, socially and academically, and be happy
* be a place where pupils' voices are heard
* develop independent learners, encouraging Meadows Mouse's steps to success
* provide a broad, balanced and stimulating curriculum
* promote a love of learning
* encourage children to engage with the world around them, including their own community, so that they become active global citizens.
* become polite, caring and respectful citizens.
* embed pupils' awareness of British values through their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
Article 29 of the UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) says:
“Education must develop every child’s potential, talents and abilities to the full.”
Every day at Meadows First School, the staff and governors are working to make sure that by the time you leave us you have had the opportunity to:
• Learn outside the classroom.
• Sing in a concert.
• Create a range of artistic pieces of work.
• Participate in a sporting event in school.
• Know what it feels like to be good at something and have achieved your very best.
• Learn new things and you will want to keep on learning more.
• Know how to keep yourself safe and happy.
• Understand just how incredible you are, believe in yourself and have confidence in your abilities.
• Know how to keep healthy and strong and understand how to look after your bodies.
• Learn how to get along well with other people.
• Feel part of your local community and be proud of your school.
If you have been offered a place at our school, please click here for further information.
We hope that this website gives you a taste of our school, but it cannot take the place of a visit. If you would like to experience our warm welcome or talk to me about any aspect of school life, please ring our school office (01527 872508) to arrange an appointment.