We are holding Open Afternoons for the 2023 Reception intake.
They are on Wednesday 8th, Thursday 9th and Thursday 23rd November at either 3.45 or 4.15pm.
If you would like to come and look around please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.
New Admissions: if your child has been allocated a place in reception at Meadows in September, please click here for more information
If your child has already started in Reception or Nursery, then please click here for more information.
Nursery admissions: we have a 26 place Nursery (mornings and afternoons). We offer 30 hour funded placements. You are welcome to visit to see our Nursery provision in action. Please contact the school office for more information and for an application form (01527 872508).
General information: At Meadows First School, we admit pupils from the beginning of the academic year in which they are five. In Reception, we expect the children to start school in September. Parents who wish to view the school prior to application are welcome to make an appointment by contacting the school secretary.
In accordance with current regulations, the Local Authority and Governing Body consult annually on school admission arrangements to establish a "PLANNED ADMISSION NUMBER" (PAN). For the current year, our planned admission number is 60 pupils.
The LA is responsible for allocating places not the governors. Key Stage 1 classes cannot exceed 30 pupils. The planned number for our Key Stage 2 classes is also 30.
Worcestershire County Council's Information for Parents on Admissions and Transfers to Schools is available to view online at
The Information for Parents contains full details on the application and allocation process, including the oversubscription admission criteria for each school. You are advised to read this information prior to making an application.
The parents of ALL pupils resident in Worcestershire, including parents whose preference is for the catchment area school for the child's home address, seeking a place at any First/Primary or Middle School, including any Academy, Foundation or Voluntary Aided Schools, and any School outside Worcestershire, must complete their application online by the closing date 15th January by visiting www.worcestershire.gov.uk/schooladmissions
If you do not have access to the internet, you can get online at any Worcestershire library or telephone School Admissions on 01905 822700 if you need assistance.
The parents of pupils resident outside Worcestershire, but who wish to apply for a place at any Worcestershire school, must complete an application form provided by the "home" LA. (The "home" LA is defined as the Local Authority relevant to the Child's home address). The "home" LA will ensure that the application details are passed onto Worcestershire LA for consideration in the allocation of school places.
When are decisions made?
For pupils resident in Worcestershire, the offer letters will be posted via second class postage. They will be sent direct to parents, by the Pupil Admissions and Transfers Section, even if it is on behalf of the governing body of an Academy, Foundation or Voluntary Aided School, or a school in a neighbouring LA.
In the few cases, where it may not be possible to offer a place at any of the preferences nominated on the application form, a place will be offered at the nearest school with available places.
The offer letter will include an acceptance/decline slip which must be returned by the date specified in the offer letter.
For pupils not resident in Worcestershire, the offer or refusal letters will be sent direct to parents by the home LA, even if it is for a school in Worcestershire.
The procedure for in-year admissions for Worcestershire residents is as follows;
- Parent/Carer to obtain an application form (CA1), if a resident in Worcestershire, from any of the following sources;
- Child’s current school (if in Worcestershire).
- School being applied for (if in Worcestershire)
- Worcestershire Hub Centre (Tel 01905 822700)
- Download form from website (/school admissions)
- Parent/Carer to complete the application form and ensure form is counter-signed by current Headteacher (if already attending a Worcestershire School).
- In the case of a first preference for a Community or Voluntary Controlled School such as ours, the parent should then forward form onto their Home Authority Admissions Team to be processed.
- The Home Local Authority will co-ordinate with any relevant admission authorities on behalf of the parent to determine which is the highest ranked offer that can be made.
- The Home Local Authority will write to parents, on behalf of the relevant admission authority, normally within 10 school days, of the form being received to notify of the decision. Where it is not possible to offer a place, parents will be notified of the right of an appeal, by the relevant admission authority and in most cases, an alternative school will be offered.
- If there are insufficient places for all applications received at a time, then priority will be decided in accordance with the published admissions criteria for the school.
The parents of pupils resident outside Worcestershire, but who wish to apply for a place at any Worcestershire school, must complete an application form provided by the “home” LA. (The “home” LA is defined as the Local Authority relevant to the child’s home address). The “home” LA will ensure that the application details are passed onto Worcestershire LA for consideration in the allocation of school places, the "home" LA will be notified of the decision – see items 4 and 5 above).
Waiting lists for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools, are maintained by the Pupil Admissions and Transfers Section and are operated in line with the admissions criteria for the school. Parents must apply in writing direct to the Pupil Admissions and Transfers Section if they wish to put their son/daughter on a waiting list. Only on receipt of an acknowledgement slip from Pupil Admissions will that child be on the list. The LA will not accept application requests by telephone or via email.
If you wish your child to be on the waiting list for the next term you will need to confirm this in writing at the beginning of each term to:
Pupil Admissions and Transfers Section
Children's Services Directorate
PO Box 73
Worcester WR5 2YA
Application letters will be destroyed at the end of the preceding term so the waiting list is accurate and active.