Children in our afternoon school Nursery are really enjoying their sessions. Have a look on Ducklings' page to see what they have been up to! There are still some places available, (full days or partial days), so please contact the school office if you are interested in looking around!
Welcome to Meadows First School's website. We hope it gives you a sense of our values, our aims and our ethos.
Our Mission Statement is
'Meadows - Caring, Sharing, Preparing for Life.'
This motto was chosen by the children because they felt it encompasses all we are trying to achieve in school. Alongside this motto is the 'Meadows' Mouse' emblem which represents how to be ‘a good learner.’
We strive to provide a happy, caring, safe and stimulating learning environment, where pupils are encouraged and nurtured to thrive socially, emotionally and academically to achieve the best they possibly can. We want learning to be fun and memorable, so that the children will remember Meadows with affection. A great emphasis is placed on preparing children for life by encouraging them to be responsible, caring and independent individuals. It is also important to us that children develop good manners and show respect for each other and for their environment. Our vision is to be at the heart of the community, providing a wealth of memorable learning experiences; these take place in a variety of places, including the outdoors. We aim to promote the values of tolerance, mutual respect and democracy.
Learning is at the heart of everything we do. The children then came up with, and voted on, a list of learning behaviours to help them develop a love for learning. These are represented by Meadows Mouse who shows us the importance of being :-
We believe school should:
* be a place which every child remembers with affection
* be a happy, stimulating and safe learning environment for everyone
* develop a growth mind-set and a 'can do' attitude
* inspire and empower everyone to be the best that they can be
* recognise and support children's needs so that they can thrive emotionally, socially and academically, and be happy
* be a place where pupils' voices are heard
* develop independent learners, encouraging Meadows Mouse's steps to success
* provide opportunities to learn outside the classroom
* provide a broad, balanced and stimulating curriculum
* promote a love of learning
* encourage children to engage with the world around them, including their own community, to make learning vivid and real.
* enhance learning through a range of creative and sporting experiences.
* become polite, caring and respectful citizens.
* embed pupils' awareness of British values through their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
Our School Council interviewed all the pupils in their classes.
They asked them what they all liked about our school.
Here are some of their responses;
We love coming to Meadows because we have lots of fun and we do exciting work. (Sam, Year 4 )
We like Meadows because all the teachers and our friends look after each other.
(Lily May, Year 2)
|We like learning phonics, it helps us become brilliant at reading!
(Jessica, Joy, Year 1)
|We all love P.E because we do lots of different sports
(Henry, Year 2)
We all love joining in with singing assembly. It makes us happy!
|We like making new friends, everyone at our school is really kind.
(Mia, Year 1)
|We like going to Forest School and learning outside
(Freya, Year 3)
|We all enjoy I.C.T and working on the laptops.
(Jessica, Year 4)
We love playing with our friends at playtime.
(Jack, Year 1)
|We love reading in a group. We can read fiction or educational books that teach us new facts.
(Isobelle, Year 3)
Please browse through our website to get a flavour of life at Meadows. Come back to the website regularly to watch the site grow, and to get to know more about our staff, the children and the experiences on offer.
Or view our Prospectus here