Curriculum non- negotiables:
When planning our yearly overviews, we try to include:
* E-safety- regular lessons or a unit of work
* Wow moments/ trips to enhance the topics.
* A sustainability theme into a unit of work
* Talk for writing opportunities
* The teaching of key skills.
* Outdoor learning opportunities
* Application of literacy and numeracy skills across the curriculum
* Two topic homework projects per year
* Cultural diversity themes, including British Values
* Dedicated weeks to be celebrated by the school (Healthy school week/ Friendship week/ Everyone different, everyone equal week)
* A keeping safe theme, in addition to assemblies
* Opportunities for extended writing in topic work.
* A vibrant classroom environment, which encourages independence
* British Values.
* Opportunities to use computing and technology.